On March, 29th, 2018, VYPER adopted a new policy re: ICO & Crypto related campaigns.
All of these campaigns are required to sign up to an Enterprise plan with a custom subdomain. Meaning you must take your contest OFF the vyper.io domain.
This is due to angry users mistaking us for the provider of the token as well as warnings from social networking sites that could endanger our VYPER domain.
Please follow the next steps carefully so there won't be any downtime on your contest. If you are unsure about any step, please feel free to contact us via support.
To transition your contest to a subdomain with no downtime
1) Upgrade your account at VYPER to enterprise here.
2) Buy a domain if you don't already have one. Godaddy is a great place to do this.
3) Decide what your subdomain or domain for your contest will be. Assuming that it's https://CONTEST.DOMAIN.COM you will set the following settings with your domain host or provider
- Set a CNAME record for "contest" pointing to vc.vyper.io (below is an example at Godaddy)
4) In about 30 minutes to an hour, check www.whatsmydns.net and type your domain in and choose "CNAME" from the dropdown menu (instead of contest.domain.com you'll be typing in the actual subdomain you want)
5) If most of the different locations are all pointing to "vc.vyper.io" that means your domain has propagated, and you can proceed to the next step.
If this step isn't followed correctly, you WILL experience downtime on your contest.
6) Add the subdomain at https://vyper.io/subdomains/create
ONLY do this if your CNAME is now pointing to vc.vyper.io as shown in the steps above.
And presto! You are done and your contest is now operating on a subdomain!